me during classes
- "that’s racist"
- "that’s sexist"
- "there are more than two genders"
- "ok but could we maybe not use that word"
- "that’s ableist"
- "there aren’t enough girls in here"
also kids shouldnt be scared of their parents. theres a difference between “im not gonna do this bad thing because i respect my parents and i dont want to disappoint them” and “im not gonna do this bad thing because im scared of what my parents will do to me if i do”
- me: *owns 264 unread books*
- me: *buys 17 new books*
- me: *rereads harry potter*
Oppression is cooking being “women’s work,” while the overwhelming majority of top restaurant chefs are male.
Oppression is fashion being a “silly girl thing,” while the top earning designers and CEOs in fashion are male.
Oppression is reducing women to consumers profiting a male system, even in fields that we supposedly dominate.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
yea getting girls to do STEM fields is important but u know what else is important? that we stop devaluing feminized work like elderly and child care, support work, social work, teaching, etc. pls stop acting like STEM fields are the final frontier for women